Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Ma salama Nawras

Nawras is being rebranded as 'Ooredoo', the Qatari telecom group, by this December. They announced it in September, and this month an aggressive marketing campaign has begun to prepare users for the change. The new branding is being purported to bring international recognition to Oman's phone service.  

The change is in name only; the service will still be the same which I had hoped would be the thing that would be enhanced. I like the 'seagull' logo of Nawras and will miss seeing it compared to this alternate 'red' logo of ooredoo ('I want' in Arabic).


3 comments:

  1. Totally agree....there are alot of people who are not impressed with the change, and have already made jokes of the new name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dalz R, Thank you for your comment, I know what you mean.

      Delete
  2. I, and I'm sure many others, will just keep calling it Nawras :)

    ReplyDelete